When you spend your entire day working on laptops, desktops or mobile phones, the damage isn’t significantly visible at first. However, with time, the health of your eyes starts deteriorating. But, when it comes to making use of Triphala, there’s no better remedy to enhance your vision. Triphala powder treats your bodily ailments and a Triphala eye wash provides long-lasting results to improve your sight.
Triphala Eye Wash Benefits
1. Triphala eye wash is absolutely beneficial for people who spend long hours in front of computer screens.
2. It allows your eyes to relax and not feel the strain.
3. The wash helps prevent conjunctivitis.
4. It also prevents other irritations, redness or pain in the eyes.
5. A Triphala eye wash can also be used in critical diseases like a cataract.
6. The wash prevents dryness and improves the vision in general.
How To Make A Triphala Eye Wash?
Start by preparing beforehand. First, get 2 good quality eyecups that’ll help you in washing your eyes. You can easily get these at any medical store. Next, get a muslin cloth to finely strain the liquid. And finally, use filtered or distilled water is over your regular tap water.
Take half a tsp of organic Triphala powder, add it to a glass and fill it halfway with boiling water. You can also boil all the ingredients in a ceramic pan to avoid any toxic reactions. Stir the solution well so there aren’t any lumps. Leave the mix overnight and let all the nutrients absorb well. Plus, even the sediments settle down during this duration.
Before using it for your eyes, strain the solution and fill in your eyecups. Stand near the wash basin, or calmly sit on the couch or your bed to start with the remedy. The simplest way is to place the eyecups over your eyes and dip your eyes in the solution.
At first, it’s obvious for your eyes to close. But, try and blink them a few times, so the Triphala eye wash can clean your eyes. Remove the eyecups for a minute and start over again. You’ll take time to get used to this method. But believe us, after a few trials, it’ll get easier.
Don’t worry if you feel a tingling sensation. It’ll fade away within seconds and after you get used to the routine, your eyes will only feel relaxed. However, if the sensation is too strong, stop the treatment and wash your eyes with water.
Ideally, it is suggested to try this remedy twice (morning and night) every day for 5 minutes for a month or two. After using the eye wash, do not get back on your computer, television or phone for at least 30 minutes. Keep your eyecups absolutely clean. And you can also drink the unused Triphala water for an added benefit.
Triphala Eye Wash Precautions
1. Triphala isn’t recommended in case you have an injury.
2. Your eyes are sensitive. So, maintain complete hygiene.
3. To avoid infections, soak Triphala in a bowl that’s clean and safe to use.
4. Before using the wash for cataract, consult your doctor.
5. A mild burning sensation is sure to occur. But, wash your eyes immediately with plain lukewarm water if the pain is unbearable
Note: Articles on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness on natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.