Citrullus Colocynthis has a number of interesting names like Indrayan (Hindi), Bitter Apple, Vine of Sodom, and Desert Gourd. This is a dangerously powerful plant that has been found to work as a medicine in Ayurveda as well as homeopathy.
Benefits of Citrullus Colocynthis
- It balances Kapha dosha.
- It provides the body with heat.
- The herb has strong purgative effects on the body.
- It can treat jaundice.
- It can improve respiratory problems like asthma.
- In small doses, it can be used to treat diabetes.
- It treats constipation.
- It support wound healing.
- Doctors may prescribe it for nervous disorders too.
The dosage of this medicine varies from case to case. In general, patients take it in the form of the root powder as well as the fruit powder.
- Excess can cause acute irritation in the stomach
- Extreme purgation
- Abortion and serious severe effects in children. So it’s unsafe for pregnant and lactating women as well as children.
- This medicine is extremely powerful and can have serious side effects, so always consult a doctor before taking it and never more than the advised dosage.
This article is solely for the purpose of imparting information. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice.