Today’s on-the-go lifestyle has dangerously ruined our peace of mind. School kids, adults, elderly – you name it – everyone in the current times is under some sort of stress. Such a situation is an absolute disaster. However, yoga can especially be used as a de-stressing tool to maintain a healthy balance. And the Boat Pose or Naukasana benefits you by helping establish the needed order.
It’s a great stress reliever for all your physical as well as emotional tensions. Essentially, this yoga pose works to strengthen your abdominal organs, improve blood circulation, and also effectively maintain your blood sugar levels. Your entire body takes the shape like that of a boat and sails you off to an ocean of relaxation.
How To Do Naukasana Yoga?
- First, lie down flat on the floor in a comfortable and resting position.
- Next, place your arms on the sides and keep your feet joined.
- Without any hurry, start to lift your feet off the ground along with your chest.
- Practice deep breathing. Inhale and exhale.
- Feel the stretch on your body, especially on the spine. Your toes and eyes must get in line with each other and there’s absolutely no issue if you do not get the pose in the first go!
These Naukasana steps might sound difficult, but once you get a hold of it, it’s a very simple and comfortable asana to perform.
Naukasana benefits are relieving and healing. Daily practice will one day help you realise how perfect this pose is. The Boat Pose benefits your abdominal muscles, enhances your breathing and daily three to four repetitions will help you create the needed balance in your life. Hold the pose for about 7 to 10 seconds (or till 15 seconds if you can) and gently, not abruptly, come back to your resting position.
In case of low blood pressure, pregnancy, spinal injuries, heart disorders or any breathing troubles, do not perform the yoga asana without medical supervision.
The Boat Pose or the Naukasana is said to be a bit tougher when compared to other yoga postures. But, once you get a hang of it, there’s no better yoga pose to relieve your tensions. Naukasana must be practiced every day early in the morning and on an empty stomach.
1. Naukasana benefits and stimulates all your positive emotions to relax your mind. It helps relieve bodily tensions as well as your emotional stress.
2. Your weight loss journey naturally becomes faster. Belly fat is effectively reduced and it’s the best workout if you want to enhance your body’s endurance.
3. Naukasana benefits and aids your digestive health.
4. The Boat Pose strengthens your shoulders, arms, neck, hips, legs, thighs, liver, kidneys, lungs, pancreas as well as your spine.
5. Naukasana benefits a patient with diabetes to maintain their blood sugar levels and prevent any further issues.
Note: This article is solely for the purpose of sharing information. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So before using anything to treat yourself, always consult your doctor.