Eye infections are pretty common especially during summers and can affect people of just any age. Certain infections can be contagious on top of which poor hygiene leads to worst case scenarios. But, natural and Ayurvedic eye infection treatment comes in handy.
What Are The Causes of Eye Infections?
- Bacterial, fungal or viral attacks
- Poor quality contact lenses
- Allergic reactions
- Tear gland blockage
What Are The Eye Infection Symptoms?
- Excessive pain
- Swollen eyes
- Watery discharge
- Dry eyes
- Light sensitivity
- Eye floaters
- Excessive eye gunk
- Burning sensation
- Tender eyelids
- Blurry vision
Eye Infection Treatment
1. Use Honey For Eye Infection
Honey is a sure-shot eye infection remedy that helps reduce redness, diminish pus discharge and clear up the bacterial infections. So, use some organic honey and mix it in equal parts with distilled water to apply directly over your eyelids.
2. Green Tea Is An Effect Eye Infection Treatment
To get relief from itchiness and that under-eye puffiness, use green tea! Being rich in antioxidants, it improves the overall eye health. Soak two green tea bag in some warm water, remove them after a few seconds, squeeze out the excess water and cool. First, wash your eyes with the cooled water. Then, place the tea bags on your eyes. Try this eye infection treatment thrice daily and the symptoms will reduce.
3. Warm Compression Is Another Eye Infection Treatment
This is one effective eye infection home remedy, especially for stye and conjunctivitis. Dip a soft fabric towel in hot water and squeeze the excess. Place the towel on your eyelids for about 5 minutes and repeat it a few times. Clean any accumulated eye debris and use the treatment several times daily. Use two separate towels for both the eyes.
4. Prepare A Saline Solution To Fight Eye Infections
A homemade saline solution can do wonders. It helps you get rid of the inflammation. So, mix a tsp salt in a cup of water and boil the solution for a few minutes. Allow it cool and thereafter rinse your infected eye. If possible, use distilled water and carry out the eye infection treatment 3-5 times in a day.
5. Make Use Of Chamomile As An Eye Cleanser
Chamomile is a natural anti-irritant that leaves a soothing effect on your affected eye. Take a tsp of dried chamomile flower powder and mix it in a cup of hot water. Let it steep for about 5 minutes. Once it comes to room temperature use the solution to clean your eyes. This will reduce the irritation, redness and also decrease under-eye puffiness.
6. Simple Eye Infection Treatment Tips
- Do not touch your eyes with unwashed hands.
- Do not share your eye or makeup products.
- Make sure that your contacts are properly cleaned.
- No exposure to contaminated water, please!
- Avoid sharing handkerchiefs, towels, and pillows as much as possible.
- Watch out for organic matter (twigs or tree branches or dust) that can scratch your eye and cause fungal eye infections.
- Use medications with care, since they can cause reactions.
Note: Articles on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness on natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.