Traveling fills you with vigor. It stimulates your senses. Simply a walk in the woods can leave you feeling revitalized. But, the oh-so-chaotic urban lifestyle just doubles up the woes, let along feeling rejuvenated. However, camping is one perfect idea – to connect with nature, to release stress, discover the unexplored and to strike the needed balance. Just take care of the camping checklist and follow these simple camping hacks and tips to make it a memorable one. This time, camp it the Ayurveda way to rekindle the fire of life.
Camping Hacks & Tips
1. Create A Camping Checklist.
One of the first and foremost camping tips is to create a camping checklist at least one week before you leave. Write down all the essentials you’d require and keep adding things whenever you remember. Since your campsite gear is essential the camping checklist must include:
- Sleeping bags
- Sheets, blankets, and pillows
- Thermal, wind, and water resistant clothing
- Comfortable footwear
- Physical map and an updated GPS
- Cooking items
- First aid supplies
- Lighter and matchsticks
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Sunscreen lotion
2. A Mosquito Repellent Is A Must.
This is one of the major essentials on your camping checklist. Prepare and carry this DIY insect repellant:
- 1 tbsp. of aloe vera gel
- 2 tbsp. of sweet almond oil
- 10 drops each of rosemary, lavender and lemon balm oil
Mix well and store in a glass container. Just dab it on your skin and watch those flies run for the hills.
3. Try These Camping Food Hacks.
Relishing S’mores is one of the best camping food hacks. But, what else can make the experience easy?
- Cooked apples
- One amla every morning
- Oats, nuts, dried fruits, and seeds
- Banana stuffed with some marshmallows, granola and other crumble crackers
- Some chopped potatoes and veggies with basic seasoning
- Roast and relish – potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and dill
- Not to forget, classic campfire potatoes – one of the best camping food hacks.
4. Don’t Forget Ginger Tea.
5. Use Essential Oils For Allergies.
Camping hacks make your experience comfortable. Forests adorn plants that cause allergies and hence, you need to pack anti-allergy stuff. So, carry essential oils like Eucalyptus, peppermint, or tea tree oil and rub a few drops on the affected area when needed.
6. Keep Vata Balanced.
Camping can easily aggravate Vata and result in anxiety, indigestion or troubled sleep. But, grounding your Vata is the solution.
- Right before the day you leave, go for an Abhyanga massage. It’ll calm your nervous system.
- Carry and use rose, fennel, geranium or sweet orange essential oil – just to slow down when you need it.
- Don’t forget to pack Triphala powder – to detox, to balance the Ojas and to maintain stability.
- Stay hydrated and your body will thank you for it.
- Try daily yoga poses.
- Meditate every day.
- Eat less but eat healthily.
Note: Articles on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness on natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.