Picrorhiza kurroa, also called kutki in India, is a potent Ayurvedic herb. Found in the Himalayas, it offers a variety of uses in Ayurveda.
Uses Of Picrorhiza Kurroa
- It pacifies the Pitta and Kapha doshas.
- It gets rid of excess heat in the body.
- The kutki herb strengthens the digestive system.
- It promotes detoxification.
- It boosts cardiovascular health.
- This medicine heals cough and cold.
- It can also treat asthma.
- It comes of use in Panchakarma therapy since it causes purgation.
- This herb can treat bleeding disorders.
- It boosts liver health.
- It helps lose weight.
- This herb can also treat urinary tract disorders.
The generally prescribed dosage is no more than 1 gram of the powder for adults.
Possible Side Effects
- Increased coldness in the body
- Pregnant women must exercise caution
Note: This article is solely for the purpose of sharing information. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So before using anything to treat yourself, always consult your doctor.