Panchamrit is a sweet holy concoction used as an offering to the deity in Hindu prayer ceremonies. Later, it’s distributed amongst the worshippers. Traditionally, ingredients of panchamrit included only five sacred objects. However today, it can also contain saffron, basil, mint, coconut, banana, and dates, etc.
Panchamrit is a Sanskrit word also known as panchamrutham or panchamrut. It means panch or five and Amrit or nectar of immortality. Moreover, it’s a divine potion that nourishes the Sapta Dhatu – the seven bodily tissues which govern your fitness. Therefore, regular consumption of panchamrut benefits you immensely.
Ingredients Of Panchamrit
1. Purifying Milk: It’s one of the primary ingredients of Panchamrit. It signifies a life that’s pure as well as unblemished just like milk. Cow milk is used in the Panchamrit recipe. It cools the body, improves Ojas, nourishes the tissues and strengthens as well as rejuvenates you inside-out.
2. Healing Honey: It strengthens digestion, improves complexion and encourages sweet speech. Honey indirectly shows the power of unity – amongst bees – who jointly prepare this sweet nectar.
3. Nourishing Ghee: Ghee symbolizes knowledge, love, victory, and clarity. In Ayurveda, this greasy element, ghee benefits the mind, body as well as your soul.
4. Cooling Curd: Leaving a soothing impact on your body, curd balances your Vata. It’s the only fermented produce that’s considered Satvik. Curd enhances your digestive health and brings about a qualitative change in others too.
5. Blissful Misri/ Sugar: Misri or rock sugar is one amongst the satvik ingredients of panchamrit. Besides, it has a cooling impact on the body to pacify Vata as well as Pitta.
Panchamrit Health Benefits
1. Nourishes The Skin
All five panchamrutham ingredients help clear your skin. These regenerate the skin cells reducing the effects of stress and environmental damage. Therefore, it leaves behind a glowing skin.
2. Balances Pitta
When excess heat doesn’t properly eliminate, it manifests severe imbalances. However, regular consumption of panchamrut benefits in reducing aggravated pitta.
3. Boosts Immunity
Panchamrit revitalizes the Sapt Dhatus – seven body tissues – which are responsible for enhancing your immune system. It also promotes physical strength.
4. Eases Pregnancy
It eases the pregnancy phase and relieves mood swings, gastrointestinal problems, hormonal changes and more. So just tweak the panchamrit recipe a bit – whisk these well:
5. Improves Digestion
Both honey as well as ghee in the panchamrit recipe ease digestive problems in a jiffy. Therefore, these prevent acidity, indigestion as well as gas.
6. Enhances Brain Functioning
Panchamrut benefits as a brain tonic. It improves your concentration levels. enhances the grasping power and promotes mental health.
7. Regulates Sexual Potency
Each of the panchamrutham ingredients nourishes the Shukra Dhatu. Therefore, these are responsible for strengthening the reproductive tissues in both males as well as females.
Note: Articles on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness on natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.