Holy basil, scientifically known as ocimum sanctum, also goes by the name of tulsi in India. Thanks to its powerful medicinal properties, this herb has been revered for hundreds of years. In fact, people in India also consider it sacred. Here are the tulsi benefits and side effects recognised in Ayurveda.
Interesting Tulsi benefits And Side Effects
- Tulsi has earned the name of an adaptogenic, meaning that it busts stress.
- It can treat anxiety as well as depression.
- It also treats insomnia.
- Doctors prescribe tulsi Ayurvedic medicine for boosting digestive health.
- This herb can relieve headaches.
- It makes an excellent remedy for respiratory conditions.
- It can lower blood glucose.
- Tulsi has antioxidant properties; therefore it can prevent cancer.
- It also reduces inflammation in the body.
Holy Basil Side Effects
- Thinning of blood
- Lower blood sugar levels
- Interaction with medicines
- May effect fertility in males
Note: This article is solely for the purpose of sharing information. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So before using anything to treat yourself, always consult your doctor.