Punarnava is the Hindi name for red hogweed, a powerful Ayurvedic herb used in many medicines. Here is a gist about its uses, dosage as well as side effects.
- It has potent anti-inflammatory properties.
- It reduces swelling in the body.
- The punarnava herb fights premature ageing in the body.
- It treats cough and cold.
- It boosts liver health.
- This herb can prevent as well as heal cardiac conditions.
- It is an Ayurvedic remedy for high blood pressure.
- It boosts digestion also.
- This herb can treat hemorrhoids.
- It also relieves pain rather well.
- It promotes urination and therefore detoxifies the body.
- This diuretic ability also enables it to promote weight loss.
The safe dosage prescribed by doctors is generally up to 3 grams of the powder for adults.
Punarnava Side Effects
- Those with hypertension need to exercise caution.
- It may also adversely effect people with kidney conditions.
Note: This article is solely for the purpose of sharing information. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So before using anything to treat yourself, always consult your doctor.