Have you ever admired someone’s beautiful shiny hair and wondered how she managed it. Ayurveda says that the condition of your hair is an indicator of your overall mind & body health.
Hair and nails are the by-products of bone metabolism. So your diet must be that which nourishes the bone tissue and purifies the fat tissue as both are inter dependent to enhancing the gloss of your hair. Any impurities in the fat tissue causes weakened bone production which is reflected as dull hair, weak nails and unhealthy skin. Some factors that affect the hair health include stress, lack of sleep, hormonal imbalances, poor digestion and liver health, iron deficiency, poor blood circulation.
Hair care remedies
1. Mix amla powder and water and apple this paste on your scalp to get long thick hair.
2. Take equal portions of bringraj powder (the king of herbs), amla powder and sesame seeds and consume it twice daily (morning and before going to bed) with warm water to stop hair fall. Try this remedy for a few days. Continue if this remedy suits you. If it doesn’t work then your hair fall could be related to stress. Consult an Ayurveda doctor.
3. Do not comb wet hair. Hair becomes more prone to breakage when it is wet.
4. Massage your hair with warm oils such as coconut oil, rosemary oil, almond oil, or brahmi oil once or twice a week. This rejuvenates the hair follicles, stimulates the scalp, improves blood circulation in the roots & helps moisturize the hair.
5. You can add 2 tbsps of fresh lemon juice to the warm oil if you are facing the problem of dandruff.
Adopt these easy lifestyle tips for strengthening hair
• Eating more juicy fruits and cooked green & leafy vegetables with a bitter taste helps to regain your hair shine and lustre.
• Add this seasoning to your veggies- Take equal parts of turmeric, fenugreek(methi dana), coriander, cumin, and sauté in ghee. This helps purify the fat tissue & strengthen bone tissue. Adding fresh and shredded coconut is also recommended in cooking.
• Avoid foods like refined sugars, leftovers, processed & packaged stuff along with heavy & deep-fried foods. They create toxins and are difficult to digest.
• Stay hydrated throughout the day. Take around 6-8 cups of pure and warm water.
Follow these times tested golden rules and make sure to use only natural and Ayurvedic hair care products. Harsh and commercial shampoos with chemicals cause deeper imbalances and must be avoided.