Long pepper, also called piper longum and pippali, is a versatile spice that’s widely used in Ayurveda. The pippali fruit and roots are used in various medicinal formulations. Here’s a gist about its benefits, dosage as well as side effects.
Long Pepper Benefits
- It provides the body with warmth.
- This herb boosts sexual stamina.
- It increases appetite.
- It improves digestion.
- Pippali also heals heartburn, gas and other indigestion-related problems.
- It heals cough and cold.
- Doctors may prescribe it for respiratory conditions.
- It tackles skin conditions too.
- It reduces weight.
- This herb might help in treating rheumatoid arthritis.
Varies widely among patients, depending on their dosha combination and health condition.
Long Pepper Side Effects
- If not used properly, it can aggravate all doshas.
- It can lead to excess heat in the body.
- It may interact with other medicines.
This article is solely for the purpose of information and is not medical advice – so, please consult your doctor before taking this medicine.