Also called ‘trikatu’, black pepper is a widely used spice with highly recognised medicinal properties in Ayurveda. This pungent ingredient has a balancing effect on the Vata and Kapha doshas, aside from having a variety of uses. Here is everything you need to know about the black pepper health benefits, dosage, and side effects.
Black Pepper Health Benefits
- It provides the body with warmth
- It helps lose weight.
- This spice can help treat stomach worms.
- There are many uses of black pepper in respiratory conditions.
- It can relieve cough as well as cold symptoms such as headache.
- And it can also help heal from fevers.
- It removes toxins from the digestive tract.
- Black pepper benefits metabolism.
- It reduces inflammation in the body.
- Black pepper can also be used to treat heart disorders.
The general dosage for adults is not more than 2 grams a day. The methods of consuming it differ from case to case.
- Aggravation of heat and Pitta in the body.
- It may reduce libido and sexual stamina.
- Large amounts may be unsafe during pregnancy and lactation.
- Interaction with medication.
This article is solely for the purpose of imparting information. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Before using anything as a medicine, always consult your doctor.