Convolvulus Pluricaulis is the scientific name for morning glory or English speedwheel. In India, it’s called shankhapushpi. This bitter tasting Ayurvedic herb is prescribed for a variety of health conditions.
Benefits of Convolvulus Pluricaulis
- It cools the body.
- It pacifies Pitta and Kapha.
- One of the popular shankhpushpi uses is boosting brain power as well as memory.
- The shankhpushpi flower reduces blood pressure.
- It detoxifies the body.
- This herb also treats cough and cold.
- It reduces signs of premature ageing and improves skin health.
- It boosts sexual stamina.
- This herb may also help manage depression.
- It increases body strength.
- It promotes smooth digestion.
- This herb can also treat insomnia.
Doctors generally advise taking up to 2 grams of the paste per day for adults.
Possible Side Effects
- Decreased blood pressure
- Aggravated Vata
Note: This article is solely for the purpose of sharing information. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Before using anything as a medicine, always consult your doctor.