A diaper rash may develop in case of too much moisture, which is why a baby’s diaper is the place where such infections can dwell. Diaper rashes can be minor but also major and painful for the baby. The first and foremost of the diaper rash causes is unhygienic conditions. Poor quality diapers also cause it. People immediately resort towards the application of chemical-based diaper rash ointment but that must be avoided at all costs. Your baby’s skin is tender and developing, therefore you should protect it at all costs with home remedies. Ingredients right in your kitchen prove as effective diaper rash treatment.
What Are The Diaper Rash Causes?
- Skin infections due to urine accumulation
- Dietary changes
- Sensitive skin
- Synthetic diaper material
- Yeast or bacterial infections
- Tight fitted clothing
- Excessive use of antibiotics
What Are The Diaper Rash Signs?
- Red and wrinkled skin
- Open sores
- Dry skin
Diaper Rash Treatment (Home Remedies For Diaper Rash)
1. Use gram Flour.
Mix a tablespoon of gram flour in a cup of water to form a smooth paste. Gently rub it on the affected skin and let it dry for about 30 minutes. Rinse it off with cold water and repeat the remedy thrice every day.
2. Coconut Oil Is Effective.
Since coconut oil is antimicrobial as well as anti-fungal in nature, it shields the baby’s skin against any kind of inflammation. It helps keep excessive moisture away which is also one of the major diaper rash causes.
3. Try Cocoa Butter & Olive Oil.
Cocoa as well as olive oil have healing properties and are an effective diaper rash treatment. Make a fine paste of the two and apply it onto the baby’s skin. Let it stay for a few hours and clean with warm water thereafter. Use it twice every day as an efficient diaper rash ointment.
4. Oatmeal Is Effective.
At least an hour before, soak a cup full of oatmeal in your baby’s bathing water. Give the baby a nice and gentle wash with this water. And, pat dry their skin with a soft towel. This will eventually help get rid of the diaper rash as well as other skin inflammations.
5. Follow These Essential Tips.
- Feed your baby the right diet.
- Do not stick to only one diaper a day. Change after every 5-6 hours.
- Avoid tight-fitting clothes.
- The fabric must be soft and breathable.
- Clean well whenever you change the diaper.
- Do not excessively rub the skin while bathing.
- Keep the baby’s buttocks free from moisture.
- Instead of synthetic diapers, use handmade nappies.
- Do not use chemical based ointments. Rather, apply homemade desi ghee.
Note: Articles on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness on natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.