Hyoscyamus niger is also called henbane, stinging nightshade, and khurasani. This herb is widely cultivated in India and east Europe. In Ayurveda, it has a variety of impressive uses.
Hyoscyamus Niger Uses
- It pacifies Vata as well as Kapha aggravation.
- It works as a pain reliever.
- This herb helps treat brain disorders like Parkinson’s.
- It heals bleeding gums and toothache.
- It offers significant help with kidney stones.
- The henbane herb soothes the nervous system.
- It helps treat insomnia.
- It gets rid of excess gas.
- Hyoscyamus niger benefits those with rheumatism.
- It also boosts digestion.
- It can treat skin diseases resulting from allergies.
- This herb improves cardiovascular health.
Doctors generally prescribe not more than 1 g of the powder per day for adults.
Possible Side Effects
- Dry mouth
- Excess heat
- Increased heart rate
Note: This article is solely for the purpose of sharing information. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Before using anything as a medicine, always consult your doctor.