Kasturi Bhendi is the Indian name for musk mallow, scientifically known as abelmoschus moschatus. It belongs to the okra family and has a bunch of surprising health uses. For example, it’s used as a flavour booster for coffee. Here are some more benefits of this Ayurvedic herb, as well as the dosage and side effects.
Uses Of Kasturi Bhendi
- This medicine reduces excess Kapha as well as Pitta.
- It heals fever.
- It gets rid of excess heat from the body.
- This medicine has aphrodisiac effects.
- It fights inflammation in the body.
- It can treat venom.
- Musk mallow also treats constipation.
- It sedates the nervous system, and therefore fights anxiety.
- It also strengthens vision.
The general dosage for adults is up to 4 grams per day.
- Headache in high dosages
- Dizziness in high dosages
- Vata aggravation
- Reduced appetite
Note: This article is solely for the purpose of sharing information. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So before using anything to treat yourself, always consult your doctor.