Nardostachys Jatamansi is also called spikenard. This herb has been used for a long time in Ayurveda. It tastes sweet and has a cooling effect on the body. Here’s everything you need to know about it.
Nardostachys Jatamansi Benefits
- It balances all three doshas.
- It gets rid of excess heat.
- The jatamansi plant purifies blood.
- It helps clear off acne as well as improve overall skin health.
- It boosts immunity.
- Ayurveda has long recognised the spikenard benefits for the brain.
- It can help treat depression, anxiety, as well as other disorders of the mind.
- It lowers blood pressure.
- This herb can help induce menstruation.
The dosage depends on each case. Generally, adults are prescribed up to 500 mg of the root extract. This herb is also available in the form of oil, churna, and infusion.
- If taken wrong, it can cause severe vomiting as well as abdominal pain.
- It may also cause heavy menstrual bleeding and changes in blood pressure.
- Pregnant and lactating women must exercise caution.
Note: This article is solely for the purpose of sharing information. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Before using anything as a medicine, always consult your doctor.