Ayurvedic experts consider rock salt the best for health. It contains huge amounts of sodium as well as many minerals in their natural form. Here is a gist about rock salt in Ayurveda.
Uses Of Rock Salt In Ayurveda
- One of the main advantages of rock salt is that it balances all three doshas.
- It boosts appetite improves digestive health.
- It gets rid of excess mucous.
- Rock salt reduces stiffness in the joints.
- It reduces cholesterol.
- It boosts sexual stamina and libido.
- One of the important uses of rock salt is for weight loss.
- It can help treat stomach worms.
- It gets rid of foul breath.
- Another benefit of rock salt is muscle cramp relief.
- It also removes excess heat by cooling the body.
The generally accepted maximum daily amount is 6 grams. However depending on your individual constitution, a doctor can advise the best dosage.
- One of the kala namak (black salt) side effects is a rise in blood pressure. So if you have hypertension, be careful with this ingredient.
- It can also interact with certain medications.
Note: This article is solely for the purpose of sharing information. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Before using anything as a medicine, always consult your doctor.