Native to Asia, sarpagandha also goes by the name of serpentine root. Ayurvedic experts use this powerful herb for many conditions. Here are some of the benefits, as well as the possible side effects of using this herb.
Uses of Sarpagandha
- This herb balances Vata as well as Kapha doshas.
- It warms the body.
- It calms the mind.
- Popular among the sarpagandha uses is detoxification.
- It promotes peaceful sleep.
- It decreases blood pressure.
- This herb helps wound healing.
- It can be used to treat anxiety disorders.
- It also improves digestion.
- Serpentine root benefits women who are unable to menstruate.
Side Effects Of Sarpagandha
- Cannot be used during pregnancy since it causes uterine contractions
- Can aggravate depression
- Reduces blood pressure
- Can interact with medicines
- Provokes Pitta dosha
- Causes drowsiness
Note: This article is solely for the purpose of sharing information. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. So before using anything to treat yourself, always consult your doctor.