Brahmi (bacopa monnieri) is also fondly called the ‘herb of grace’. It is a bitter, astringent and easily digestable plant that’s native to Asia. The brahmi plant offers incredible health benefits, thanks to its medicinal properties. Here’s what you need to know about it.
Uses of the Brahmi Plant
- It is popular as a mind-sharpening herb. Studies suggest that it promotes regeneration of brain tissues.
- Brahmi capsules give peaceful sleep.
- This herb also improves heart health.
- It controls blood sugar, thus benefiting those with diabetes.
- Studies suggest that it can also control blood pressure.
- It treats anaemia.
- Brahmi also strengthens the digestive system.
- It treats skin conditions.
- It fights the signs of ageing.
- This herb reduces inflammation in the body.
- It also treats respiratory conditions like asthma.
- It heals cough.
- Brahmi products promote detoxification too, through the liver.
- It reduces stress.
- Brahmi balances Vata as well as Kapha.
Patients take the brahmi plant in varying quantities, depending on their mind-body type and condition. In general, adults take up to 3 grams of the powder and not more than 1 gram of the capsules a day.
Possible Side Effects
- Upset stomach
- Fluctuations in heart rate (less common)
This article is solely for the purpose of information and is not medical advice – so, please consult your doctor before taking this medicine.