After all the stress that our feet go through every day, a self-help Ayurvedic foot massage at home comes to the rescue. Keeping our feet wrapped in shoes isn’t always possible. So, a foot massage is the easiest way to improve blood circulation, beat the tiredness, ease our stress and relive all physical and mental tensions. Our energies stay grounded and well balanced. Plus the application of oil keeps skin infections at bay!
Ayurvedic Foot Massage At Home
Step #1 – Collect The Required Things
There are a few things you will need for having that perfect Ayurvedic foot massage at home. Gather these:
- A small tub of warm water
- Some sea salt
- A massage oil (preferably sesame, mustard or coconut oil)
- A towel
Step #2 – Create A Soak Solution
In the tub of water, mix some crushed ginger and a tsp of sea salt. Soak your feet in the solution for about 20 to 30 minutes.
Make yourself comfortable. Sit in a relaxed posture and support your back with a pillow. For that added benefit, you can also add some rosewater or rose petals. The aroma will unwind and relax your mood.
Step #3 – Let Your Feet Breathe
Take your feet out of the water, gently dry them with the towel and allow your feet to breathe for a minute. Now, apply some of your favorite essential oils and ensure that there’s very little friction involved.
Step #4 – Massaging Your Feet
Time to get to the actual process. And this is how to massage your feet at home:
- Start massaging with your right foot and do it for at least 15 minutes.
- Run your fingers around the ankles in circular motions.
- Gently press the muscles of your calves and carry out the same motion down till your heels.
- Message your toes and the area between each finger of your foot.
- Firmly hold each of your toes and give them a good stretch. But, be careful while you do so as you might not want to end up in pain.
- With the help of your hand’s index finger and thumb, pull your toes gently as this will loosen up the muscles.
- Press the fingers of your foot with the pad of your thumb and do the same way from toe to the depression on the top to the heel and finally till the ankle.
- Now, it’s turn for you to reach out the base of your feet. As you are done with the upper portion of your foot, move to the lower area.
- Rest your feet on the thigh area of your left leg, so it becomes parallel to the ground.
- Now, press the lower area of your foot with your fingers and keep applying pressure to relax the muscles.
Step #5 – Try Intertwining
This is the last part and an important foot massage tip to end the ritual leaving you happy and satisfied. Intertwine the fingers of your foot with the fingers of your hands and press them gently.
End the ritual by pressing the entire foot with your palms and switch to your right foot.
Note: This article is solely for the purpose of sharing information. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So before using anything to treat yourself, always consult your doctor.