What are dental cavities? Carbohydrates from food particles remaining in your mouth turn into acids, which leads to plaque, eventually forming holes in your teeth known as cavities. Besides being a not-so-pleasant sight, cavities can cause an awful lot of pain…and in severe cases, teeth even get pulled out! So as soon as you spot a cavity in your tooth, it’s wise to do something about it. We’ll show you how to heal cavities in the comfort of your home.
How to Heal Cavities with Natural Ingredients
Do ‘Oil Pulling’
The age old Ayurvedic practice is a natural cavity remedy that can also heal bad breath, cracked lips, stained teeth and bleeding gums. You can choose sesame oil, sunflower oil or coconut oil. Here’s how to do it:
- Take a tablespoon of the oil in your mouth.
- For up to 20 minute, swish it around.
- Then, simply spit it out.
- Finally, rinse your mouth with warm water and spit it out.
- Do this on an empty stomach every morning before you brush your teeth.
Remember not to swallow or gargle with the oil.
Gargle with Salt Water
A simple gargle with salt water makes for quite an effective tooth decay treatment at home. With its antiseptic as well as antibacterial properties, salt fights infection and inhibits bacteria from taking over. Rock salt is the best option, but regular salt will also work. How to heal cavities with salt water:
- Add a teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water.
- Take a big enough sip to fill your mouth and gargle.
- You can also swish the solution for around a minute.
- Make sure your decaying tooth gets enough of the salt water.
- Then, just spit it out.
- You can do this thrice a day.
Apply Clove Oil
Another good remedy for heal tooth decay is clove oil. Clove is a wonderful Ayurvedic ingredient – it’s got vitamins, minerals, and eugenol. It is antiseptic and antimicrobial, so it’s great for cavities, bleeding gums, tooth ache as well as bad breath. So if you’re also suffering from any of these, clove oil will take care of it. Here’s what you have to do:
- Add 2-3 drops of clove oil to ¼ a teaspoon of sesame oil
- Then, take a clean ball of cotton and pour a few drops of the oil into it.
- Place this cotton ball on the affected tooth.
- Do this every night before you go to bed.
Amla: Also called Indian gooseberry, it’s popular for being a super-rich source of vitamin C. This Ayurvedic ingredient is a natural remedy for tooth decay. It helps your mouth repair and heal from decay. How to heal cavities with amla powder? Just consume it orally. This will help fix your teeth.
Garlic: Another great herb is garlic, valued for its strong antibiotic qualities. It’s great for pain relief as well. All you have to do is crush 4 garlic cloves and add a quarter teaspoon of salt. Just put this past on your tooth and wash it off after 10 minutes. Aside from this, you can eat raw garlic to reap its pain relieving benefits.
Turmeric: The third one we’d like to tell you about is the precious herb turmeric, popular for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities. Like garlic, turmeric is also good for pain relief. Here’s how to heal cavities with turmeric: Simply put some turmeric powder on the tooth and rinse it off water 4 minutes. Make sure you always rinse well.
We hope this article has been helpful! Before you get started with any of these remedies, do consult your Ayurvedic doctor about whether they suit your body – especially if you are taking other medication for any health conditions. Once your doctor gives you a thumbs up, go ahead and heal your teeth with these powerful Ayurvedic ingredients!