A smile is one of the best accessories one can wear. Those sparkling white teeth make you even more charming. The upkeep of your teeth begins right from childhood – an age where it’s so difficult to get off candies and other sugary stuff. Kids dental care is essential since it helps develop basic structure. Teeth problems begin early if dental care for kids is compromised. Kids’ teeth are soft and vulnerable to oral health issues. Hence, if you have kids at home, take note of these 5 tips to prevent teeth and gum problems.
Kids Dental Care – Tips & Home Remedies
Dental Care For Kids – Tips
1. Regular dental check-ups are necessary. Sometimes only brushing isn’t enough to restrict the development of infections. Therefore, timely dentist visits are a must.
2. Use natural oral dental care products. A toothpaste or mouthwash that is free from chemicals is best for kids. You can also use Ayurvedic or herbal products for any teeth problems.
3. Toothbrush bristles tend to spoil after multiple uses. Dangerous bacteria can buildup to cause problems in a kid’s teeth. The bristles can also harm the gums. So, change your brush every 2-3 months.
4. Kids dental care is incomplete without flossing and gargle. Certain toothbrushes are incapable of removing minute food particles from the gaps in teeth. So, kids can use a string of dental floss and gargle with some mouthwash right after.
5. Kids often hurt their teeth and gums because they are unaware of the right techniques. Therefore, teach them the basics. Vigorous brushing harms the dental structure. So, help them brush gently in small circles and prevent any damage.
Dental Care For Kids – Home Remedies
1. Massage the kid’s teeth and gums with clove oil for antibacterial effects. Dip your finger in the oil and gently rub it on their teeth. Rinse the oil with a gargle.
2. Salt water rinse restricts plaque and bacterial buildup. So, add a pinch of salt to a cup of warm water. Teach the kids to rinse their mouth without swallowing the water.
3. Honey is antimicrobial. It prevents germs and bacterial attacks in the mouth. Therefore, to strengthen the gums, make them daily rub a little honey.
4. Give a cold water compress when the child has toothaches. Apply a towel dipped in cold water on the cheek.
5. Turmeric has healing properties. Help kids massage their teeth with a pinch of turmeric powder and then, rinse with water to prevent yellowing and other teeth problems.
Note: Articles on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness on natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.