You thought raising a toddler is challenging? Let us tell you, having a teenager is even more difficult. They get independent, can be less easily persuaded and on top of it, puberty hits! Their brain works differently as compared to a mature adult or kids. Therefore, to be able to cope with those changes, teen nutrition as well as a robust lifestyle has a major role to play. To ease the years of adolescence, teen health is of utmost importance – it balances the emotional, physical and intellectual well-being.
Teen Fitness Tips
- Ensure your kid sleeps for at least 8-10 hours. Reduce the bed stress with gentle herbs like chamomile or lemon balm.
- Quick fixes aren’t good for teen health. They need a wholesome diet.
- Do not instill the concept of perfectionism. They’re already dealing with a lot of stress, this simply adds on to it.
- Decrease their screen time. Let them play outdoors or adopt a hobby.
- Make junk occasional and not bad else they’re bound to do the opposite. Teen nutrition is also important to help them cope with puberty.
- For teen athletes, increase the intake of proteins, amino acids, carbs, and calories.
- Feed them Vitamin-C rich foods like green bell peppers, cauliflower, lemons, broccoli, kiwi, Brussel sprouts and more.
- Vitamin-A foods like carrots, spinach, pumpkin, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and broccoli are essential for the overall development.
- Cooling foods help balance the Agni. They promote mental clarity, support the skin health and enhance the vision.
- Exercising fastens the metabolism, enhances immunity and boosts blood circulation.
- Increase their fluid intake to get rid of the toxins.
- Be an example. Your teen girl or boy wouldn’t follow if you yourself don’t practice what you preach.
- What’s on the outside, bothers them on the inside. Talk to them so their mental health is also taken care of.
Wholesome Food Choices For Absolute Teen Health
1. Try some sliced and sautéed red, yellow and green bell peppers with hummus. It’s a protein-packed combo for teen fitness. You can also try:
- Carrots + hummus
- Celery + almond butter
- Bran + Greek yogurt
- Apples + peanut butter
- Sweet berries + cottage cheese
- Mashed avocado + multigrain bread
These are some energizing, filling and healthy snacks for teens.
2. Prepare a wrap with some blanched collard greens along with roasted bell pepper, sweet potato, celery, and tomato. Be generous with the hummus dip.
3. There are various healthy snacks for teens. So, choose wisely and you’ll end up feeding the best to your kid. Here’s what can add on to the teen nutrition:
- Nuts – Almonds, walnuts, cashews, peanuts, and pistachios
- Seeds – Flax, watermelon, hemp, pumpkin, and sunflower seeds
- Grains – Granola and popcorn
5. Apart from those 3-course-meals, healthy snacks for teens are essential. Therefore, fruits are best to be served. Any fresh fruit like an apple, pear, orange, and melon can be on the list.
6. Healthy lunches for teens must include some beans or legumes. These keep them feeling full.
Note: Articles on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness on natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.