Whether you’re on a holiday or have a hectic schedule, lifestyle and eating habits sometimes take a setback. This is when most of you turn towards a detox diet. It allows you to revive your health in the safest way! To recalibrate your habits, effectively remove toxins (ama) from the body and strengthen the digestive fire, consider the following tips.
How To Remove Toxins From The Body?
Beetroot helps balance your body’s pH level, making it an excellent detox food. It protects your liver and digestive system to effectively remove toxins from the body. But in case of kidney stones, avoid having beet!
Enriched with flavonoids, an essential detoxifying compound, apples helps stimulate the production of bile. The fiber easily eliminates waste through intestines. And, it also reduces heavy metals in the body.
3. Holy Basil
The holy basil protects your liver, all thanks to its antibacterial properties. It enhances the digestion, prevents fungal or yeast infections and also treats constipation. So all in all, basil easily cleanses your body of toxic build up.
Loaded with Vitamin C as well as other antioxidants, lemons help alleviate the internal and external damage. The essential compounds present in lemon ensure the removal of toxins due to the stimulation of liver enzymes.
This spice is important for a total body detox. The medicinal compounds found in cinnamon help remove impurities from the body, especially from your bloodstream. Mix cinnamon and honey in some water for that added benefit. It’ll also treat the symptoms of painful menstruation, nausea, and diabetes.
The presence of glutathione in avocado helps block different types of cancer-causing substances in the body. It has a moderate amount of monounsaturated fats which is also required for a successful detox. Avocado consumption releases the bile juice though which goes out the harmful toxins that hinder your well-being.
3. Whole Grains & Complex Carbs
4. Beans & Legumes
- Green peas
- Kidney beans
- Black-eyed peas
5. Healthy Fats
- Flax seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Coconut oil
- Nut butter
- Chia seeds
Essential Detox Tips
1. To remove toxins from the body, diet alone is not enough. You also need to exercise vigorously – but of course at your individual pace. Sweating it out helps eliminate the toxins, as well as aids weight loss!
2. Manage daily tensions with yoga as well as meditation.
3. Get rid of the negative thoughts since they can lead to mental disturbance as well as toxin build up.
4. Refrain from fatty, processed and sugary foods.
5. You also need to control your caffeine and alcohol intake.
6. Have a diet that’s full of essential nutrients. Your gut needs to remain guilt free so as to support the detox process.
7. Your body needs an ample amount of rest. With all the hardships you face, schedule a good 7 to 8 hour sleep every night. And, avoid daytime sleeping – although power naps are great!
Note: Articles on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness on natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.