UTIs or urinary tract infections are way more common than you might expect, especially among women. UTIs cause a bunch of rather unpleasant symptoms like fever, abdominal pain, weakness, as well as a burning sensation while urinating. To ease the symptoms and heal the infection, you can add these natural herbs and oils that function as Ayurvedic medicine for urine burning – with the approval of your healthcare professional. Before we get to it, let’s understand what’s going on in your body when you get a UTI.
What Causes UTIs?
Most often, bacteria on the anus cause urinary tract infections when they move into the urinary tract through the urethra. This happens during intercourse, due to improper wiping after using the toilet, as well as the use of diaphragms and spermicides. Certain people are more prone to it – women before their periods, during pregnancy and in menopause, as well as people with conditions like HIV, diabetes, and gonorrhoea. When your immune system is weak, your chances of developing a UTI are higher.
Ayurveda links UTIs to one more factor: aggravated Pitta dosha. Excess heat in the body leads to more toxin build up in the body and as well as higher amounts of bacteria. This makes you more prone to catching a urinary tract infection. Pitta increasing food like chilli, caffeine, alcohol, and salt also plays a role.
Ayurvedic Medicine for Urine Burning and Urinary Tract Infection
1. Clove essential oil is a long-used folk remedy for infections. It has been found to offer help for those with infected urinary tracts since it fights microbes and fungi as well as reduces inflammation in the body. It works well to ease pain.
2. Mustard oil made out of horseradish root and nasturtium can be used to eliminate bacteria. Current research, though not entirely sufficient, on this oil’s effectiveness shows promising results.
3. Myrrh oil is a time tested Ayurvedic medicine for urine burning. It has pretty strong antibacterial properties and inhibits the growth of fungi as well. As your body gets rid of the excess infection-causing bacteria in your urinary tract, the burning sensation will subside.
4. Juniper berry oil also treats the condition excellently. And it has the added benefit of stimulating more urination, which is quite important when you’ve got a UTI.
5. Celery seeds help during UTI with their diuretic effects. As you pass more and more urine, your body will flush out the toxins as well as the bacteria. You can simply drink 3 cups of celery tea a day.
6. Coriander is another helpful herb that gets rid of the aggravated Pitta in your body and eventually tackles the burning sensation as well as promotes healing of the urinary tract infection.
7. Garlic is excellent for fighting off a variety of bacterial infections, including UTIs. It has potent antimicrobial and anti-fungal properties.
8. Giloy is an Ayurvedic wonder herb that boosts immunity as well as tackles UTIs. It’s great for detoxifying your body too.
9. Ginger works well to relieve the painful symptoms of UTI as well as reduce inflammation in your body, making it an effective medicine to ease the burning.
Before using any of these herbs and oils as Ayurvedic medicine for urine burning caused by UTI, please consult your doc. Drink loads and loads of water. Eat vitamin C and fibre loaded foods, as well as ones that are more alkaline. Cool your body down with food like cucumbers and Indian gooseberry (amla). On the other hand, do not smoke and avoid processed, sugar packed, spicy, and acidic food to avoid harming your bladder.