Rubia cordifolia, also known as Indian madder and manjistha, belongs to the coffee family. For centuries, it has been grown for its red pigment. It has many uses in Ayurvedic medicine too. Here’s some info about the various manjistha herb benefits as well as the possible side effects.
Manjistha Herb Benefits
- It balances the Pitta and Kapha doshas.
- It cools the body.
- One of the popular rubia cordifolia medicinal uses is for inflammatory disorders.
- It can help heal diarrhoea.
- It relieves fever.
- Doctors may also prescribe rubia cordifolia for skin conditions.
- It treats conditions of the eyes.
- It purifies the blood.
- This herb may also boost immunity.
Manjistha Side Effects
- Cancer if taken orally
- Aggravation of Vata dosha
- Unsafe during pregnancy and lactation
Note: This article is solely for the purpose of sharing information. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Before using anything as a medicine, always consult your doctor.