Acne is a problem for a majority of us. It’s not just a teenage issue but something that can affect anyone, at any age and on any area of the body. At some point in time, you must have had facial bumps, butt acne or even back zits, but a pimple in the nose is worse! You may consider it to be a minor nuisance; however, the infection is contagious. So, here is what you can do to pop that pimple in the nose!
What Causes Pimple Inside The Nose?
- Allergic rhinitis
- Unhygienic habits
- Excessive nose picking
- Unhealthy lifestyle
- Hormonal disorders
- Environmental irritants
- Hair removal
Types of Pimples Inside The Nose
- Regular zits in the nose – These might develop due to ingrown hair or any irritation.
- Pimples without head – These develop due to digestive disorders and root deep inside the skin.
- Swollen pimples – These occur due to bacterial infections.
How To Treat A Pimple In The Nose?
Home Remedies To Treat The Zit In The Nose
1. Use Ice.
Cold compression on the affected area provides relief and restricts the development of infections.
2. Steam Is Beneficial.
Warm compression opens up the skin pores to flush out harmful toxins. So, use a hot water container to inhale the steam. Place your face over it. Cover it with a towel and then, trap the steam. Apply some oil-free moisturizer thereafter. Do this for about 30 minutes every day.
3. Sniff Mogra Snails.
Sniff these flowers twice or thrice every day and throw them away afterwards, since discoloration takes place. It is good to use new flowers each day.
4. Tea Tree Oil Treats The Zit.
Dab some on the pimple in the nose. Just in case you have sensitive skin, do not use this oil. You can also use coconut, thyme, cinnamon or rosemary oil for the treatment.
5. Neem Reduces The Inflammation.
It’s an effective solution to reduce the swelling of a pimple in the nose. You can either chew the neem leaves or grind them and apply straight to the affected area.
Simple Tips To Prevent The Occurrence Of A Pimple In the Nose
- Keep your nostrils as clean as possible.
- Do not prick or squeeze the zit.
- No smoking, please!
- Refrain from activities where allergens can worsen the condition.
- Make use of nasal decongestants or sprays to curb problems like sinusitis.
- Do not sneeze or blow your nose too hard.
- Do not repeatedly insert your finger.
- No touching, since it worsens the condition.
Note: Articles on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness on natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.