Women tend to be conscious of their breasts. Especially at younger ages, it’s common to get even a bit obsessed about their size, colour, shape and firmness. At Ayurvedum, we encourage you to love and accept your unique beauty. But, if your sagging breasts bother you and you’d like to do something about it, here are a few things you could try.
What’s Making My Breasts Sag?
First off, sagging breasts are completely natural – and they’re almost inevitable, since your breasts don’t contain muscles and gravity pulls them down. Besides this, there could be other causes of your breasts sagging:
- Ageing, which is the most common reason
- Lack of correct support for your breasts
- Lower levels of collagen in your skin
- Incorrect method of breastfeeding
- Improper posture
- Absence of foods that are beneficial for firmness
Ayurvedic Solutions for Sagging Breasts
There are various Ayurvedic herbs you can consume in order to add firmness to your breasts. Some of them are: shatavari, vidari, shilajit, lodhra and ashoka. These herbs often increase women’s libido. Moreover, there are different herbs that suit different constitutions or doshas. We have shared names of these herbs for informative purposes; you must consult your Ayurvedic doctor before selecting your sagging breast remedy.
Abhangya or Self-Massage
Massage is one of the best ways to treat hanging breasts. Here are some kinds of massages you can try with different ingredients:
- Olive Oil: Popularly known as a breast firmer and enlarger, olive oil makes for a great massage ingredient. Simply take some on your hands and apply it on your breasts while rubbing them upwards. You can do this 4 times each day.
- Fenugreek (methi) Powder: Another popular Ayurvedic ingredient, fenugreek has lots of antioxidants. Add ¼ parts of its to a cup of water. Then, rub it on your breasts in circular motions. After 15 minutes, you can rinse it off with lukewarm water. You can do this twice a week.
- Pomegranate Paste: Prepare a paste with crushed peels of pomegranates and around 5 drops of mustard oil. Before you hit the bed, massage it on your breasts for 10 minutes daily.
- Shea Butter: Shea butter has loads of vitamin E and is known for making skin firm. Massage your breasts in upward motions for 15 minutes thrice a week. Rinse off the butter with cold water.
Breast Firming Yoga Poses
Another way to treat sagging breasts is yoga. You can include these poses in your yoga routine:
- Vrikshasana or tree pose
- Bhujangasana or cobra pose
- Trikona Asana or triangle pose
- Dharunasana or bow pose
- Kumbhakasana or the plank
Make sure that you learn the poses properly from a trained yoga instructor!
You are what you eat! If your diet lacks collagen-rich foods, then chances are that you’ll end up with droopy breasts. Collagen has essential amino acids that make your skin firm and boost cell renewal. Eat:
- Gotu kola (centella)
- Red fruits and veggies
- Soy products
Moreover, you should also avoid alcohol, cigarettes and processed food. Ayurveda encourages you to stick to pure, whole and organic foods that are best for your individual dosha combination.
3 More Tips…
In addition to the above sagging breast treatments, you can make 3 changes.
Bra: To begin with, wear the correct bra – spend enough time trying on different kinds according to your size and shape. Make sure you get the right support. And no, underwire bras are not a good option at all! They may even put you at risk of developing cancer.
Diet: Have a stable diet that keeps your body weight stable too…since frequent gain and loss of weight can easily lead to sagging breasts.
Exercise: Stay fit and active. Practice yoga, and swimming is great for muscle firmness too! However, consult an Ayurvedic expert who will help you select the ideal workout routine for your body constitution.