Goldenseal is a healing herb that’s been used to treat the human body for many years. Here is some helpful info about its uses, dosage and side effects.
Uses Of Goldenseal
- It prevents and treats infections.
- It also fights inflammation.
- This herb improves digestive health.
- It boosts immunity.
- It works as a natural remedy for cough and cold.
- This herb fights cancer.
- It also treats oral issues like canker sores and gum conditions.
- It can heal sore throats too.
- This herb treats eye conditions like conjunctivitis.
- It works as a medicine for arrhythmia and heart failure.
- It also reduces cholesterol.
Doctors generally prescribe not more than 5-6 grams of the root powder per day for adults. This medicine is generally not safe for children, and pregnant as well as lactating women. It is only suitable for short term use.
In rare conditions, it causes nausea and vomiting.
Note: Posts on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness about natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.