Saussurea, also called saussurea lappa, sea costus and kushta, is a pungent tasting medicinal herb native to South Asia. For ages together, this ancient plant has been used to heal the human body. Here’s everything you need to know about it.
Benefits of Saussurea
- It pacifies the Kapha dosha.
- It increases heat in the body.
- Suassurea also reduces blood pressure.
- It reduces fat.
- It heals cough and cold.
- Sea costus also treats fever.
- It fights infection.
- It reduces inflammation.
- This herb relieves pain well.
- It treats skin diseases.
- It can improve hair growth.
- This herb removes toxins from the body.
The generally safe amount for adults is up to 2 grams a day.
Since it lowers blood pressure, it can interact with medicines.
Note: This article is solely for the purpose of sharing information. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Before using anything as a medicine, always consult your doctor.