Sitopaladi churna (‘churna’ means powder) is a medicinal formulation of herbs with sugar. It can also be prepared at home with ingredients like cinnamon, cardamom, and long pepper. Here’s a summary about the sitopaladi churna benefits, as well as its dosage and side effects.
Sitopaladi Churna Benefits
- It is widely used as an Ayurvedic churna for cough, dry as well as wet.
- It reduces inflammation in the body.
- This churna boosts immunity.
- It also improves digestion.
- It treats tuberculosis.
- Doctors may prescribe it for other respiratory conditions like bronchitis and allergic rhinitis.
- It reduces acidity in the body.
- It heals ulcers.
- Sitopaladi churna benefits those with chronic fever.
- It strengthens the body.
- It also increases appetite.
- This medicine can aid detoxification.
Sitopaladi Churna Dosage
Doctors usually prescribe up to 3-4 grams for adults. The safe Sitopaladi churna dosage for kids is generally up to 1 gram. Patients often take it with honey or ghee.
Sitopaladi Churna Side Effects
There are typically no side effects. But those with high blood sugar levels cannot take it since it contains a whole lot of sugar.
This article is solely for the purpose of information and is not medical advice – so, please consult your doctor before taking this medicine.