What is Tinea Versicolor? It is a fungal infection, also called Pityriasis Versicolor. Fungus on the skin leads to the formation of brown colored patches. Among the major tinea versicolor symptoms are scaly, itchy as well as dry skin cells that appear due to a fungus called Malassezia. Tinea versicolor causes even more problems under hot and humid temperatures, as the fungus then tends to multiply.
What Are The Tinea Versicolor Causes?
- Hot climate
- Excess sweating
- Hormonal changes
- Weakened Immunity
- Oily Skin
What Are The Tinea Versicolor Symptoms?
- Discolored patches around arms, chest, neck, and back
- Red, brown, pink patches
- Itchy as well as scaly skin
- Patches that disappear in cold weather
Tinea Versicolor Home Remedies
1. Aloe Vera Soothes & Moisturizes The Skin.
Ayurveda emphasizes using natural ingredients like aloe vera to moisten the skin. So, you can daily apply it on the skin. Let it sit for 20 minutes and see the difference after washing off with water.
2. Tea Tree Oil Aids Faster Healing.
Essential oils like tea tree oil and eucalyptus oil are anti-fungal in nature. Therefore, mix 3-4 drops of both the oils in a teaspoon of coconut oil and massage the affected area. Wash off after half an hour with normal water and repeat every day for better results.
3. Garlic Is Naturally Antimicrobial.
Tinea versicolor home remedies include an effective kitchen ingredient called garlic. Since it contains allicin to kill the microbes, it leaves a soothing effect on the body. Therefore, crush 3-5 garlic cloves and apply the extracted juice directly on the skin. Wash after 20 minutes.
4. Yogurt Is Beneficial.
Yogurt, being a natural probiotic, helps treat fungal infections. Therefore, take some plain yogurt and directly apply to the skin. Leave it on for 30 minutes and rinse off later. Repeat twice or thrice daily. This is one of the best tinea versicolor home remedies.
5. Neem Is Essential For Skin Detoxification.
Since neem is an anti-inflammatory as well as anti-fungal plant, regular application will help reduce the tinea versicolor symptoms. Therefore, grind some neem leaves and add a little water to make a thick paste. Apply this onto the affected area for about half an hour. Later, rinse with normal water.
Tinea Versicolor Diet
- Consume vitamins A, C, and E along with minerals as well as antioxidants. Eat vegetables like broccoli, cabbage, Brussel sprouts, spinach, and tomatoes.
- Incorporate gluten-free grains like millet, oat bran, and quinoa.
- Avoid sugar-rich foods and fruits like banana and dates.
- Drink lots of water and stay hydrated throughout the day.
Note: Articles on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness on natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.