Did you know that there are over 700 species of eucalyptus? It’s easy to recognise eucalyptus oil, a.k.a Nilgiri oil, from its strong and distinct fragrance. This essential oil has been used for many many years due to its potent medicinal qualities.
Benefits of Eucalyptus Oil
- It helps in healing ulcers.
- It clears acne.
- This oil pacifies Kapha and Pitta.
- It’s an excellent decongestant.
- It relieves pain in the muscles and joints.
- Being highly anti-fungal, it treats infections.
- It can treat respiratory conditions.
- It improves digestion.
- This medicine can improve the voice.
- It treats intestinal worms.
- It helps gain weight.
- The oil also relieves headaches and refreshes the mind.
- It might lower blood sugar.
- It may cause discomfort in the stomach.
The dosage depends on the user as well as the condition. In general, eucalyptus oil should be diluted when taken orally or applied on the skin, otherwise it could be dangerous. Excess amounts can cause poisoning – so be careful and follow your doc’s directions to the T!
This article is solely for the purpose of information and is not medical advice – so, please consult your doctor before taking this medicine.