Banana is a sacred Ayurvedic superfood with immense health benefits. Since bananas are considered sour in taste as per the Ayurvedic texts, they must not be combined with milk. But, you can definitely opt for alternatives. This banana shake contains coconut milk and is one of the most nourishing drinks on the planet!
Benefits Of Banana Shake
- Banana pacifies Vata as well as Pitta.
- Not only is it loaded with potassium, but it is also a source of other essential nutrients such as iron, sodium, calcium, fiber, magnesium, and vitamins.
- It has detoxifying properties to keep your digestion intact.
- This drink keeps you hydrated and leaves you feeling full.
- It strengthens the muscles.
- It beautifies your skin
- This drink restricts the spread of any infections in the body.
Banana Shake Recipe
Try this banana shake recipe for your kids and they’ll love it.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 medium sized banana
- 1 glass of coconut milk
- 4-5 (or as per taste) seedless dates
- 2-3 ice cubes (optional)
What To Do:
- Roughly blend the banana into a paste.
- Add some dates along with coconut milk and blend again.
Serve right away. Do not refrigerate the drink or else it’ll lose its essential nutrients.
Note: Posts on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness about natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.