Did you know dates, as well as tamarind, contain several health benefits that help strengthen your immune system. Not just being nutritionally healthy, the two also pair up as a sumptuous culinary delight. Tamarind chutney with dates is a mouthwatering combination that tastes well and provides the health goodness too.
Tangy tamarind benefits your skin and hair health along with soothing any inflammation in the body. It is also a blood purifier that cures the related disorders. On the other hand, dates are much more than being a sweet snack. On the nutritional front, dates are good for your stomach, bones as well as sexual health.
The two ingredients hold tridosha balancing properties, therefore, these can be anyone’s favorite. So, here’s how you can prepare your very own tamarind chutney with a hint of dates.
Ayurvedic Tamarind Chutney Recipe
What You’ll Need:
- 25 grams of jaggery
- 50 grams of dates
- 50 grams of tamarind
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- Black salt according to taste
- 20 grams of mint (optional)
- ½ tsp cumin seeds powder
What To Do:
To prepare the tamarind date chutney, here’s what you need to do:
- Soak some seedless tamarinds along with dates for 15-20 minutes in hot water.
- Once soft, blend the ingredients into a fine paste and transfer into a pan.
- Cook the pulp on a medium flame. Add some red chili powder, black salt to taste, fennel powder, mint leaves, cumin powder, some jaggery, and a little water.
- Boil till it is thick enough to match the consistency of your regular tomato ketchup.
Your tamarind date chutney is ready. Sieve and enjoy! Also, make sure to keep it refrigerated.
Note: Posts on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness about natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.