The Solar Plexus Chakra, also called Manipura Chakra, is the third of the 7 chakras or prime energy centres.
For those who are completely new to the 7 chakras, here’s a brief explanation: Chakras are prime energy centres of the body where many nadis pass through, causing vortexes of energy. Nadis are streams of life force energy, similar to nerves on the physical level.
Coming back to the Solar Plexus Chakra. Located behind the navel or the solar plexus, this chakra is connected with the fire element. It supports healthy digestion, and is the centre of true spiritual vision. This chakra is plays a very important role in emotional well-being, since the stomach is the seat of emotions like jealousy, joy, anger, grief, and bliss.
Opening and balancing your Manipura Chakra enables you to have clarity of mind and connect with your true spiritual purpose in life. It helps you overcome challenges with utmost strength and confidence. It strengthens your sense of intuition, independence as well as self power. So it goes without saying that we all need to balance it, in order to experience these wonderful things in our life.
Symptoms Of Solar Plexus Chakra Blockage
- Low self esteem
- Inability to be in leadership roles
- Digestive problems
- Lack of connection with surroundings
- Lack of, or excess control over one’s life and environment
- Being lost in irrelevant details of situations
- Lack of or, or obsession with goals
How To Cleanse Your Manipura
1. Solar Plexus Chakra Affirmations
Low confidence as well as motivation are among the prime solar plexus problems. And affirmations are an excellent way to release blockages in this chakra and ultimately restore your self-confidence. Recite to yourself with belief:
- “I am worthy, independent, and complete.”
- “I don’t have to be perfect – and I am just fine with the way I am.”
- “My destiny lies in my own hands.”
- “I have the power to influence my life.”
- “There is no need to control everything in my life.”
- “I accept myself just the way I am.”
- “I am motivated to reach my goals.”
2. Yoga Poses: The Best Solar Plexus Chakra Healing Exercises
Practising yoga itself opens as well as balances this chakra. Because by nature, this practice grounds you and boosts strength, intuition, confidence, and health. Do these yoga poses and you will surely experience a change in this energy centre:
- Sun Salutations (Surya Namaskar)
- Bow Pose (Dhanurasana)
- Warrior Pose 1 (Veerabhadrasana 1)
- Warrior Pose 2 (Veerabhadrasana 2)
- Mountain Pose (Tadasana)
- Surya/Agni Mudra
3. Diet For Solar Plexus Chakra Opening
Nurture your Manipura Chakra with yellow foods, complex carbs, as well as digestive herbs. These foods improve digestion, unblock this energy centre as well as strengthen it. Eat foods such as:
- Yellow peppers
- Yellow tomatoes
- Whole grains
4. Solar Plexus Chakra Meditation
We came across this wonderful guided meditation by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar that helps you drift into a space of peace and wellness, refreshes your aura, as well as renews your emotional state. All of these help cleanse and balance your Manipura Chakra. So go ahead and try it out!
Note: Posts on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness about natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.