In Ayurveda, valerian goes by the name of tagara. This is a powerful herb with a range of nutrients. It tastes pungent and also has a warming effect on the body. Check out the uses, dosage and side effects of this Ayurvedic medicine.
Uses Of Valerian
- It balances all three doshas.
- It heats the body.
- This herb calms the nervous system.
- It fights insomnia.
- It can also treat anxiety as well as depression.
- This medicine relieves headache.
- It can treat epilepsy.
- It improves memory.
- This herb also improves digestive health.
- It can relieve joint pain.
Doctors generally advise taking not more than 600 mg a day for adults.
- Worsening of bleeding
- Increased heat
Note: This article is solely for the purpose of sharing information. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So before using anything to treat yourself, always consult your doctor.