Black salt, also called kala namak in India, is an important Ayurvedic ingredient that forms a part of various medicinal formulations. Here is everything about the benefits of black salt in this ancient science of life.
Health Benefits Of Black Salt
- It warms the body.
- It pacifies Vata and Kapha aggravation.
- Black salt helps get rid of ‘ama’ or toxins from the body.
- It improves digestive health.
- There are benefits of kala namak for those with asthma.
- It helps heal fevers.
- Ayurvedic experts also recognise the use of black salt for skin disorders like eczema.
- It clears the energy channels of the body.
- It also soothes throat irritation.
The dosage largely depends on individual cases. The safe dietary amount is not more than 6 grams a day for adults.
High blood pressure due to sodium content
Note: This article is solely for the purpose of sharing information. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So before using anything to treat yourself, always consult your doctor.