A progressive bone disorder, osteoporosis is essentially identified by a decrease in bone density. Potholes develop inside the bone to make them painful. It can either result from a vitamin deficiency or due to Pitta aggravation. It may consequently restrict the removal of toxins from the body. Furthermore, a combination of both is also possible. So, osteoporosis prevention becomes necessary. Going for over-the-counter medication can probably prove harmful in the long run. It may simply suppress the osteoporosis symptoms. On the other hand, home remedies as well as a few lifestyle changes come in handy!
What’s The Osteoporosis Definition?
Osteoporosis is the deterioration of your bone tissues that eventually lead to a lowering strength and density. The condition is mostly associated with increasing age, but it can happen to anyone. Large as well as pervious potholes develop inside your bones. This weakens the entire structure, decrease bone mass and lowers your nutrient absorption ability. Your bones aren’t able to stand even minor falls or stress. And they become more susceptible to fractures.
What Are The Osteoporosis Causes?
- Old age
- Family history
- Gender; women are more prone to developing osteoporosis
- Being out of shape i.e. obese, overweight or underweight
- A larger body frame easily degenerates bone health.
- Imbalanced hormones accelerate bone loss.
- Medications like that for seizures.
- Nutritional deficiency
- Sedentary lifestyle
What Are The Signs And Symptoms Of Osteoporosis?
- Lose gums
- Weak nails
- Inability to grip
- Neck as well as back pain
- Bone fractures
Osteoporosis Prevention: Home Remedies
1. Coconut Oil Supports Bone Health.
If the loss is because of estrogen deficiency, coconut oil comes to your rescue. It’s a potent antioxidant that also keeps your hormones under check. It also enhances your nutrient absorption ability. You can either consume about 3 tbsp a day or simply massage your body with it.
2. Sesame Seeds Are An Ayurvedic Miracle.
Since these are rich in calcium, zinc, copper, vitamins D and K, sesame seeds make your bones absolutely strong. Mix a tsp sesame seeds in warm milk and drink it two times a day to gain the benefits.
3. Almond Milk Is Loaded With Nutrients.
You can prepare almond milk right in the comfort of your home. Peel some overnight soaked almonds and grind them into a fine paste. Add half a cup of water, cinnamon, and honey for taste. Sieve and drink every day.
4. Pineapples Cover Up Manganese Deficiency.
Pineapple helps improve the osteoporosis symptoms. But, make sure to have it in moderate amounts to ease the discomforts.
5. Vinegar Is A Potent Osteoporosis Treatment.
Osteoporosis prevention is incomplete without vinegar. It’s essential to curb the osteoporosis symptoms. Vinegar helps replenish your bone health as well as cover up the calcium deficiency.
6. Lifestyle Changes Are Important.
- Yoga for osteoporosis helps you fight severe symptoms. It prevents the occurrence of any bone damage.
- Go low on your protein intake. Removal of excess protein can lead to the removal of calcium as well.
- Furthermore, focus on losing weight, however, not too much at once. It can, in fact, lead to several other critical ailments.
Note: Articles on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness on natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.