When it’s time for festivities, besan ladoo is a popular sweet that’s relished in the Indian cuisine and is even easy to make at home. Flavored with excellent digestive spices and bind with ghee (clarified butter), this besan ladoo recipe is tridosha pacifying.
Prepared with chickpeas, the ladoos (sweet balls) are light on your stomach. These balance your pitta and kapha. Ghee is nourishing, therefore, it pacifies your vata and pitta. Ghee also prevents you from putting on those extra kilos. Jaggery again soothes the aggravated vata. And, nuts have their own unique benefits for your system. So, here’s how to make besan ladoo the Ayurveda way!
Besan Ladoo Recipe
What You’ll Need:
- 100 grams of roasted chickpeas (split) flour
- 50 grams of jaggery
- 1 cup ghee
- Nuts (optional)
What To Do:
Here’s how to make besan ladoo:
- Melt some ghee and jaggery in a pan and keep stirring. It prevents jaggery from sticking or burning.
- Add a spoonful of water to the mixture.
- Add the chickpeas flour and stirfry for about half an hour or till it gets golden brown.
- Once the color changes, put off the flame, mix chopped nuts (optional) and let it cool.
- Mix it well and bind the ladoos.
- Shape these into equal round balls and keep on a tray till the balls harden.
Serve once the ladoos set and you can also top these up with some pistachios or almonds.
Note: Posts on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness about natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.