What is oil pulling? It is an effective technique that helps maintain oral health. Oil pulling benefits to restrict the development of dental infections and prevent future occurrences. Oil pulling holds immense importance in Ayurveda since it improves your overall health. So, let us tell you how to do oil pulling and why you must practice it regularly.
How To Do Oil Pulling?
- For oil pulling teeth, choose from any of these oils – sesame, coconut or olive oil.
- Take 1-2 teaspoons of the oil and swirl it around the teeth and gums for around 20 minutes.
- Begin with one minute and increase the time gradually, as it may be hard for the first few days.
- Swish the oil back and forth till the oil becomes thin, milky, and white.
- Spit the oil out after the process.
- Clean your mouth with warm water. Gargle for better results.
- Use a tongue cleaner to get rid of any oil remains.
- Repeat once every day for a month and a half.
- It’s best to do this on an empty stomach. And avoid swallowing the oil.
Oil Pulling Benefits
1. It Prevents Bad Breath.
If you suffer from bad breath, oil pulling can be a savior. Oil pulling benefits bring about a clean environment in the mouth by enhancing gum health. So, a hygienic mouth that’s also free from foul smell leads to increased confidence.
2. Oil Pulling Teeth Restricts Dirty Plaque.
Oil pulling is the best method to remove plaque build up on your teeth. The harmful bacteria gets killed and the process leaves behind whiter teeth.
3. It Clears Respiratory Congestion.
Allergies fill sinuses with mucus, which makes breathing difficult. Therefore, oil pulling benefits by clearing the sinus and opening up other blockages in the respiratory system.
4. Regular Oil Pulling Hydrates Your Skin.
Studies have shown the effect of oil pulling on the skin. This Ayurvedic practice moisturizes the skin and clears toxins from the body, giving you a blemish-free face.
5. It Detoxifies The Body From Impurities.
What is oil pulling? It is the removal of bacteria from the mouth with the help of oils. The oil gets absorbed in the mouth and travels in the body through saliva, thus removing toxins from the body.
6. It Relaxes Jaw & Neck Muscles.
What is oil pulling? When we practice Kavala Graha (oil pulling), the mouth and the neck muscles stretch. It relaxes the muscles and eases pain caused by a strain.
7. Oil Pulling Benefits The Joints In The Body.
Dentists along with Ayurvedic practitioners believe that mouth has a connection with the wellness of your entire body. When moisture is maintained by oil pulling teeth, it reaches the joints to eventually make them stronger.
Note: Articles on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness on natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.