If you are familiar with Ayurveda, you would know that herbs play a very special role in this system of healing – they have strong medicinal properties. The Jyotishmati herb is a pungent and powerful herb that comes from the Staff Tree. Here are its health benefits.
Jyotishmati Herb Benefits
- It has a balancing effect on Vata and Kapha, while increasing Pitta.
- It provides the body with heat.
- This herb improves conditions of constipation, herpes and liver disorders.
- It’s among the remedies for weak eye sight.
- It boosts brain power by enhancing memory, concentration as well as intelligence.
- It heals neurological diseases.
- This herb accelerates the process of wound healing.
- It gives the cardiac system a health boost.
- The oil of this herb is often used to treat skin conditions.
- It cures pain disorders like sciatica.
The seeds are generally taken along with milk, after meals. Adults can take up to 2 grams, while children can take up to 500 mg.
The oil is generally taken long with milk, before meals. Adults can take up to 15 drops and children, up to 5 drops.
Possible Side Effects
Patients might feel excessively heaty, over-active or dizzy.
This article is solely for the purpose of information and is not medical advice – so, please consult your doctor before taking this medicine.