Ayurvedic herbs have incredible medicinal value. On such herb is plumbago zeylanica, also called chitrak in India. Here’s a gist about its benefits, dosage as well as side effects.
Plumbago Zeylanica Medicinal Uses
- It pacifies the Vata and Kapha doshas.
- It improves digestion and treats digestive ailments.
- The chitrak plant warms the body.
- It boosts appetite.
- It reduces inflammation.
- One of the popular chitrak benefits is treating stomach worms.
- It relieves cough and cold.
- It makes skin look younger.
- The chitrak herb can treat ailments of the respiratory system.
- It heals hemorrhoids.
- It is also good for the liver.
The general recommended dosage is up to 2 grams a day for adults.
- Aggravation of the Pitta dosha
- Heavier menstruation
- Complications during pregnancy and lactation
- Rashes on the skin
Note: This article is solely for the purpose of sharing information. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Before using anything as a medicine, always consult your doctor.