The Heart Chakra, also known as Anahata, is the fourth of the seven prime chakras. As the name suggests, the centre of the chest is the Heart Chakra location. This is the energy centre of love – both towards others and yourself. Opening and balancing it unleashes your potential to truly love yourself, have healthy relationships, let go of toxic ones, and to release built up negative emotions from yourself. Let’s get started!
Heart Chakra Imbalance Symptoms
- Insecurity, jealously as well as possessiveness in relationships
- Inability to feel compassion towards others and yourself
- People pleasing
- Passive-aggressive behaviour
- Lack of connection with the Earth and animals
- Feelings of victimisation
- Inability to say “no”
- Fear of social interaction
- Fear of intimacy
- Difficulty in forgiving and letting go
How To Balance Your Anahata Chakra
1. Recite Mantras For Heart Chakra Healing Meditation.
Mantras are sounds that carry high vibrations; they are powerful tools to heal the body as well as the mind. The mantra for the Anahata Chakra is ‘yam’. Recite it while focusing on this energy centre and feeling compassion for yourself. Om is a mantra for universal healing and therefore works well too.
2. Eat These Heart Chakra Foods.
It’s no news that eating certain foods can improve your emotional health! There are plenty of foods that support Anahata balancing. Generally, favour leafy green vegetables as well as green fruits – since green is the vibrational colour of this energy centre. Eat plenty of:
- Green apples
- Herbs like lavender, holy basil, rose, hops, sage, coriander, and saffron
3. Do These Heart Chakra Yoga Poses.
Yoga can be an excellent way to open and balance the Anahata Chakra, since it opens the chest, releases energy blockages, relaxes the muscles, improves cortisol balance, and also gets rid of stress that hampers the functioning of this energy centre. Practising yoga is itself an act of self-love since it makes you healthier. Do these poses:
- Camel Pose
- Fish Pose
- Cobra Pose
- Downward Dog Pose
- Cat Cow Pose
- Bridge Pose
4. Affirmations: Powerful Heart Healing Exercises
If your Anahata Chakra is out of balance, chances are that you feel often or easily discouraged, unsure of the future, anxious about relationships, and generally fearful. You may also have issues with self-confidence. Nothing to worry about! One excellent as well as easy way to change this and balance your love centre is by affirmations. Say to yourself:
- “I am perfect just the way I am.”
- “I am worthy of love.”
- “There is someone out there for me.”
- “I am loved.”
- “I forgive myself.”
- “For everything I have, I am grateful.”
- “I am capable of finding true love.”
5. Heal Your Heart With Forgiveness.
Forgiveness is extremely important not just for this chakra, but for your entire health and wellbeing – both on the emotional as well as physical levels! So take steps to let go of the pain, anger, and negativity you’ve been carrying for years. Because more than anyone else, it harms you. Those with an overactive Heart Chakra tend to enter and endure toxic relationships. It’s crucial to forgive yourself for the decisions you made of the past and take them as lessons for a brighter future.
Note: Posts on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness about natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.