Turmeric is one of the most valued Ayurvedic spices. When combined with milk, it makes for an excellent health tonic called turmeric milk, also popularly called Golden milk. This drink balances all 3 dosha. It also reduces inflammation, lowers stress, boosts immunity, detoxifies the body, and even supports cancer prevention. And it tastes oh-so-good! Go ahead and try out this simple turmeric milk recipe…you’ll be glad you did.
How To Make Turmeric Milk
What You’ll Need to make Golden Milk:
- 1 cup organic cow milk (you could also use coconut, almond, or rice milk)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- A pinch of black pepper (optional)
- Half tsp honey or brown sugar (optional, if you like it sweet)
What To Do:
- Bring the milk to a boil.
- Add everything except honey and let it simmer for 4-5 minutes. Keep stirring when needed. Honey should never be heated.
- Take off the heat and add the honey (optional).
- Drink warm. This is great for people of all age groups including young kids only the quantity can vary.
Note: Posts on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness about natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.