Ayurvedic herbs are some of the most powerful medicines on the planet. One such herb is achyranthes aspera. Also called apamarga in India, this herb has a wide range of uses in Ayurveda. Here’s everything you need to know about it.
Achyranthes Aspera Uses
- It pacifies Kapha and Vata aggravation.
- It warms the body.
- This herb makes a great remedy for bacterial infections.
- It helps get rid of toxins (ama) from the body.
- It boosts digestion as well as relieves disorders of this system.
- Apamarga can also treat piles.
- It heals itching and rashes.
- It can help get rid of cholesterol from blood vessels.
- This herb also has diuretic abilities.
- It can treat anorexia.
- It can also treat kidney stones.
Ayurvedic doctors generally prescribe up to 10 ml of the juice per day for adults.
Vomiting if taken in large amounts
Note: This article is solely for the purpose of sharing information. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So before using anything to treat yourself, always consult your doctor.