Being a progressive mental illness, Alzheimer’s is a difficult thing – not just for the affected person but also for the ones around them. The condition starts to slowly impact your day to day activities and you experience a decline in making judgments, moving, as well as remembering things. So, exactly what is Alzheimer’s? This is a mental illness that affects you gradually and reaches a much severe stage if not treated. Therefore, Alzheimer’s treatment is very critical. Diet holds a lot of importance. Let’s begin by looking at the Alzheimer’s stages as well as the Alzheimer’s treatment.
What Are The Alzheimer’s Stages?
Alzheimer’s is a type of dementia that advances in the following 7 stages:
- Preclinical – Undetectable impairment
- Very mild decline – Minor forgetfulness
- Mild decline – Signs may show up after 2-4 years
- Moderate – Symptoms get pretty apparent
- Moderately severe – Daily activities get difficult to do
- Severe decline – Alzheimer’s care needs to be constant
- Very severe impairment – Terminal illness
What Are The Alzheimer’s Disease Causes?
The exact cause is however unknown, but the following are few of them:
- Head injury
- High blood pressure
- Improper lifestyle
What Are The Early Signs Of Alzheimer’s?
These are the initial symptoms to look out for:
- Memory loss (forgetfulness)
- Difficulty in solving problems
- Losing track of time as well as places
- Inability to make conclusions
- Distrust in others
- Vision problems
- Excessive mood swings
- Personality disorders
- Digestive issues
- Cutting all social ties
Alzheimer’s Treatment – Incorporate These Foods
1. Blueberries Are Brain Savers.
These are one of the best brain protecting foods. Having these twice every week. They have the properties to help you deal with the memory loss. You aren’t only lowering your chances of mental decline, but also some critical heart diseases.
2. Leafy Greens Are Mandatory.
3. Cinnamon Treats The Nervous System.
This popular spice not only helps lower the brain inflammation, but also facilitates better blood flow to your brain. Further, it prevents the onset of early signs of Alzheimer’s. Sprinkle some on your salads and toast, or prepare some cinnamon tea. Cinnamon is amongst the best Alzheimer’s treatment.
4. Turmeric Stimulates A Better Brain Activity.
Yes, turmeric is absolutely beneficial. It reduces the early signs of Alzheimer’s up to around 30%. Curcumin strengthens your brain muscles as well as prevents the formation of plaque.
5. Nuts Are A The Ultimate Brain Food.
Nuts, especially walnuts, are good to ensure healthy brain activity. Being loaded with antioxidants, healthy fats as well as fiber, they keep away the early signs of Alzheimer’s.
Avoid These In The Alzheimer’s Diet:
1. Red Meat
5. Fried Edibles (Processed items)
Note: Articles on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness on natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.