Blackthorn is a kind of wild plum and is scientifically called prunus spinosa. Packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, it’s a valued herb in Ayurveda. Let’s find out what this herb is all about!
Uses Of Blackthorn
- It reduces inflammation in the body.
- It also fights free radicals.
- This medicine helps tackle premature ageing.
- The blackthorn fruit boosts immunity.
- It can prevent as well as treat cancer.
- One can also use it to heal skin infections.
- It can treat heart conditions and improve overall heart health.
- It treats constipation too.
- Since it has diuretic effects, it promotes detoxification.
- Not safe during pregnancy
- When taken in the wrong dose, it can cause poisoning.
Note: Posts on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness about natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.