Native to Asia, the gmelina plant is also called gambhari in India. It is a part of the powerful and popular Ayurvedic formulation known as dashamoola. Here is everything you need to know about this valued Ayurvedic herb.
Uses Of The Gmelina Plant
- This herb pacifies the Vata and Pitta doshas.
- It significantly reduces inflammation.
- It increases body strength.
- This medicine relieves pain too.
- It promotes detoxification.
- It fights premature ageing.
- Extract from the gmelina tree boosts cardiovascular strength.
- It can reduce blood pressure.
- It also boosts digestion.
- This herb fights hair fall.
- It gets rid of excess heat from the body.
- It works as an aphrodisiac too.
- The gmelina fruit can treat respiratory disorders.
- It can relieve headaches.
- It can ease menopause symptoms.
Ayurvedic doctors typically prescribe not more than 100 ml of the root to adults.
Note: This article is solely for the purpose of sharing information. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So before using anything to treat yourself, always consult your doctor.